Tno + Ctp =
This is an area for community members to show their custom content work and/or projects or ask for feedback.
Bannor Bloodfist
ctp: Yes
dla: Yes
TBotR: Yes
nwnihof: Yes

Post by Bannor Bloodfist »

[quote=RAVEN280;7627]So a CTP modified TNO will be released by Bioware as an additional download similiar to the two tilesets that were released by Bioware from the Pirates premium module? Does that mean we should hold off on building with the current TNO tilesets until after the official Bioware release of TNO?

On a totally different topic, can we as the CTP release the DLA Sewers tileset as an official CTP tileset? I thought it was a neat little tileset that has over the years fallen off of the radar, and would probably see alot of use if it was added to our lineup..... Just a thought.

Raven280[/quote]

CTP will not be changing the .set files, unless absolutely necessary, which I really don't expect to be the case. What we are attempting to do is help DLA get these sets compiled (they are NOT in WCoC). Being compiled will help loadtimes and may also help to reduce the 'stutter' that you can experience with that huge TNO set.

Anyway... what I am saying is, that it should be safe to build with these sets as they are currently in WCoC. Worst case, those versions will be what is included in 1.69. Best case, the CTP cleaned up versions will be what gets released. End result still being that you can use the same set names etc, and it should work.

Bioware WILL be renaming the hak files, so you would have to adjust for that anyway.

Post by Guest »

Darkness over Daggerford version of TNO... WCOC version... 1.69 Version.

Its just kind of enoying to have 3 versions of TNO on my hard drive, particularly because it is such a large tileset. Why cant Bioware just use the same names as WCOC?

On a side note will the TNO enhanced version be compatable with WCOC?

9fires
ctp: No
dla: No
TBotR: No
nwnihof: No

Post by 9fires »

Modified tno? :eek:

Hook me up.

Bannor Bloodfist
dla: Yes

Post by Bannor Bloodfist »

[quote=Silverizer;7633]Darkness over Daggerford version of TNO... WCOC version... 1.69 Version.

Its just kind of enoying to have 3 versions of TNO on my hard drive, particularly because it is such a large tileset. Why cant Bioware just use the same names as WCOC?

On a side note will the TNO enhanced version be compatable with WCOC?[/quote]

Just a note that the DoD team is expecting, praying for, hoping to get, their hands on the finalized versions so that they can also make a compatability fix for their mod. They WILL get a fixed/finalised version of TNO sets. I can't promise that they will make the necessary adjustments to their mod anytime soon, but I would expect them to do so if/when they can.

As for the CTP repaired versions breaking WCoC... come on... I am on both teams!:p: Besides, DLA created this set, FOR Bioware. You don't expect Bioware to break WCoC now do you?

Of course, having said that, I do expect Bioware to rename the final sets. Just like they did for the PotSC sets. Something along the lines of aurora_setname type names.

s030363l

Post by s030363l »

[QUOTE=Bannor Bloodfist;7664]Just a note that the DoD team is expecting, praying for, hoping to get, their hands on the finalized versions so that they can also make a compatability fix for their mod. They WILL get a fixed/finalised version of TNO sets. I can't promise that they will make the necessary adjustments to their mod anytime soon, but I would expect them to do so if/when they can.

As for the CTP repaired versions breaking WCoC... come on... I am on both teams!:p: Besides, DLA created this set, FOR Bioware. You don't expect Bioware to break WCoC now do you?

Of course, having said that, I do expect Bioware to rename the final sets. Just like they did for the PotSC sets. Something along the lines of aurora_setname type names.[/QUOTE]

You've mentioned Bioware's 1.69 patch alot do you know if they are going to include all the scripting for the horses in WCoC as well as the TNO tilesets and included additions from the infinite dungeons premium mod.

Primogenitor

Post by Primogenitor »

No one knows for sure, otherwise Bioware would have said :p: Things still have to be bugtested, approved, integrated, etc. If I was a magic 8-ball, Id say "outlook good" though :)

Post by Guest »

[QUOTE=Bannor Bloodfist;7664]Just a note that the DoD team is expecting, praying for, hoping to get, their hands on the finalized versions so that they can also make a compatability fix for their mod. They WILL get a fixed/finalised version of TNO sets. I can't promise that they will make the necessary adjustments to their mod anytime soon, but I would expect them to do so if/when they can.

Of course, having said that, I do expect Bioware to rename the final sets. Just like they did for the PotSC sets. Something along the lines of aurora_setname type names.[/QUOTE]

Ah well I'm very glad to hear that Ossian will use the updated TNO. "The Outlook is Golden"

Could the updated TNO simply be renamed to match the WCOC tileset?

9fires
ctp: No
TBotR: No
nwnihof: No

Post by 9fires »

@Silverizer - Er no. I believe its been said before that the DoD tno tileset is an earilier unfinished version and the WCoC set has a little more polish to it and the one that'll come with 1.69 will be the final.

Primogenitor

Post by Primogenitor »

Yes, but the point Bannor Bloodfist was making was that the Darkness over Daggerford team might update their module after the "final" TNO version was completed and released, which will probably be in the 1.69 patch.